Spitz Lay-By Policy
This Lay-By Policy of Spitz, a division of A&D Spitz (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of AVI Limited (“Spitz”) should be adhered to at all times and is in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
Lay-By Terms And Conditions
- Identification Document must be verified on entering into a lay-by agreement (“Lay-By Agreement”).
- The Lay-By Agreement must state the date when the Lay-By Agreement begins (“Start Date”).
- A minimum deposit of 25 (twenty-five) % of the contract price is required.
- A date of completion must be agreed upon and stipulated in the Lay-By Agreement (“Date of Completion”).
- The customer must pay the contract price in full on or before the Date of Completion.
- The item/s will remain with Spitz until the contract price is paid in full.
- The Date of Completion can be for a maximum 4 (four) months from the Start Date.
- The item/s will be kept for a maximum of 4 (four) months from the Start Date.
- When item/s are collected, Identification Document must be provided.
- On cancellation of the Lay-By Agreement before the Date of Completion, a 1% cancellation penalty on the contract price will be charged and the balance will be paid back to the customer in cash.
- If the contract price is not paid in full 60 (sixty) business days after the Date of Completion, the Lay-By will expire, a 1 (one) % penalty will be charged on the contract price and the balance will be paid out in cash.
- The 1 (one) % cancellation penalty may not be charged if the customer’s failure to complete payment was due to the death or hospitalisation of the customer.
- Items purchased in terms of a Lay-By Agreement are subject to the Spitz Returns Policy.