Spitz Stand a Chance to Win R1 Million Rand in Cash Competition Terms and Conditions
- This Spitz® Stand a Chance to Win R1 Million Rand in Cash Competition (“Competition”) is organised and conducted by A & D Spitz Proprietary Limited, a subsidiary of AVI Limited, including their affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“Promoter”).
- This Competition will run from 24 November to 31 December 2016. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered. This Competition is exclusive to Spitz® stores in the Republic of South Africa.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Participants must be 18 (eighteen) years or older (or if a minor, must be duly assisted by their legal guardians) and have a valid identity document or passport and reside in the Republic of South Africa during the period of the Competition (“Participants”/”you”/”your”).
- Participants may not enter or receive a prize if they are directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants of the Promoter, their subsidiaries, holding companies, divisions and/or associated companies or of the advertising or promotion agencies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, or their spouses, life partners, immediate family members or business partners.
- By entering this Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and the Promoter’s decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is a USSD entry Competition. You have to dial the USSD number from a cellular phone. Entry from a land line is not possible. Each entry to the Competition will be charged at a rate of 20c (twenty cents) for every 20 (twenty) seconds. Entry is NOT possible by SMS. All entries, including incomplete entries, may be billed by your service provider. The Promoter shall not be responsible for telecommunication failure on the part of the Participant’s service provider.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure on the part of the Participant’s service provider, or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter this Competition you need to purchase participating merchandise to the value of R800.00 (eight hundred rand) or more (includes purchases paid by cash, credit or debit cards, store cards, gift vouchers), or make a final lay-by payment for your lay-by item to the value of R800.00 (eight hundred rand) or more, in any Spitz® store, find the unique receipt number on your till slip, dial *120*2462*ReceiptNumber# from your cell phone, and follow the prompts, before the closing date of the Competition.
- The participating merchandise is all merchandise sold in the Spitz® stores. Purchases of Spitz® gift cards are not included and do not qualify as eligible purchases. However, purchases made with a Spitz® gift card of R800.00 (eight hundred rand) or more will be eligible. Deposits for lay-bys or interim lay-by payments do not qualify for this Competition. Lay-by final payments where the full value of the item/s on lay-by equals or exceeds R800.00, will also be allocated 1 (one) unique receipt number and will be eligible to enter the Competition.
- Only original qualifying purchases are eligible to be entered into the draw, merchandise returned for exchange will not be eligible for an entry. If it is found that merchandise purchased resulting in a Competition entry is returned for refund or credit, the entry will be invalidated and not included in the draw. To the extent permitted by law, the Competition winner will not be allowed to return merchandise for refund or credit following the prize draw and allocation of the prize, where such merchandise purchases were the basis for the Participant’s entry into the Competition.
- R800.00 (eight hundred rand) is the minimum purchase value to enter the Competition. Purchases in excess of R800.00 (eight hundred rand) on 1 (one) till slip will only be allocated 1 (one) unique receipt number and will only constitute 1 (one) entry. However each individual purchase of R800.00 (eight hundred rand) or more will receive a unique receipt number to enter.
- Each unique receipt number equals 1 (one) entry. Participants can enter as many times as they like with further qualifying purchases by spending R800.00 (eight hundred rand) or more each time as set out in these terms and conditions.
- The potential winner will be required to produce the original till slip that reflects the unique receipt number entry that was drawn. The Promoter will not be liable for till slips that are lost or stolen.
- Incomplete, incorrect or invalid entries will not be eligible to be entered into the draw.
- Entries must be by the Participant submitting them and not by a third party on the Participant’s behalf.
- Multiple entries sent from the same cell phone number will be deemed to have been received from the same Participant.
- You can enter and stand a chance to win the grand prize of R1 000 000 (one million rand) in cash.
- The prize does not cover any other costs of the winner whatsoever. The winner is responsible for their own personal tax declarations and tax payments. The Promoter shall not be liable whatsoever.
- The prize is not transferable to any third party and is not negotiable with the Promoter or any of its agents or any third party.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS
- All entries received will be subject to a validation process before going into the draw. The winner will be determined by a random draw in February 2017 or as soon as reasonably possible and the draw will be overseen by an independent person in terms of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”).
- The potential winner will be contacted via telephone on the cell phone number used to enter as soon as reasonably possible of the draw taking place. The potential winner will be required to answer verification questions as required by the CPA and provide the following –
- Identity Document
- Original till slip that reflects the unique receipt number entry that was drawn as proof of purchase
- Banking details
- All verification information and documents must be provided within 2 (two) working days of date of being notified as being a potential winner.
- For the winner’s protection and security reasons, the Promoter will request positive identification and written confirmation from the South African bank for the validity of the banking details provided. The Promoter will not make payment into another person's account without the written consent of the account holder. If they are eligible and confirmed as the winner, the money will be deposited directly into South African bank account of their choosing.
- The Promoter will make 3 (three) attempts within 2 (two) working days to contact and notify the selected potential winner telephonically. If the selected potential winner cannot be contacted personally after 3 (three) attempts, or if after first being contacted by the Promoter, are not again reachable, or the potential winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize, the potential winner will forfeit the prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from qualifying Participants. This process shall continue until the winner has been contacted and the prize has been awarded in terms of the Competition rules.
- The prize winner will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of their prize. Proof of payment will be deemed proof of receipt of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Participant or select an alternative winner in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the Participant is not eligible to enter, the winner is not eligible to win, they have contravened any of these terms and conditions, they have acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Competition, their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as being dishonest, scamming or circumventing the rules of the Competition, they have acted fraudulently with regards to the Competition, if it would be unlawful to award the prize or if the winner fails to accept the prize after 3 (three) attempts for any reason whatsoever, if after first being contacted by the Promoter, the potential winner or winner is not reachable, or the potential winner or winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize. In this instance the Participant will be disqualified from entering or the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. The Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
PUBLICITY AND DATA PRIVACY
- The winner has the right to decline permission to use their name or image in marketing material or participate in any marketing activity. Should the winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, the Promoter may publish the winner’s name and images on, including but not limited to, the Promoter’s Facebook page or website, if applicable, without any liability to the Promoter or remuneration due to the winners.
- By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winner.
- All personal information relating to the Participants will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data protection legislation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
- All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter.
- NB! Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk, limit the liability of the Promoter and indemnify the Promoter. Please read them carefully and contact the Promoter if you have any questions!
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs, suffered by a Participant in relation to this Competition or the prizes offered, including but not limited to tax claims, claims relating to defects in the prizes or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- South African law shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- For more information or for a copy of these terms and conditions visit www.spitz.co.za, or call the consumer line on 0860 109 321 (office hours 8.00am to 4.30 pm week days).
- Spitz® is a registered trade mark of A & D Spitz Proprietary Limited.
Spitz Website Terms and Conditions
Spitz disclaims all liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused, arising from the use or reliance upon the information provided on this website, and does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of this information.
All prices are merely indicative and shall under no circumstances be deemed to constitute an offer to purchase. All prices are subject to change without notice. Whilst we make every effort to provide you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, occasionally, one or more items on our website may be different to the price of that specific product available in our stores. We reserve the right, at any time in our sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue any element of the website, including any service, price, content, feature or product offered through any of our website. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party should any of the aforementioned occur.
Discounted or Promotional Periods
Whilst we make every effort to provide you with an offering that covers all our styles during a Sale or Promotional period, we cannot ensure all sizes and styles on offer will be available in all A&D Spitz stores at the time of purchase. We also cannot allow internal movements of stock from store to store during volume sale and discounted periods therefore only available whilst stock lasts.
Consumer Goods and Services Industry Code
Spitz is bound by the Consumer Goods and Services Industry Code and is a participant in the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud Scheme. An electronic copy of the Code is available at http://bit.ly/1H5GY30.
If you have a complaint about the goods or services provided by Spitz or require information regarding our internal complaints-handling process, please call our customer care team on 0860 109 321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Approach The Consumer Goods and Services Ombud
In the event of your complaint against Spitz not being resolved to your reasonable satisfaction within 15 business days of having notified us of it or such extended period as agreed between the Parties, you are entitled to approach the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud within a reasonal time:
Sharecall: 0860 000 272
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 086 206 1999
Consumer Goods & Services Ombud
Bond Street Business Park
374 Kent Avenue
P.O. Box 3815
Spitz Group – Returns/Refunds/Sales Policy
This Returns Policy of Spitz, a division of A&D Spitz (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of AVI Limited ("Spitz") ("the Returns Policy") should be adhered to at all times, however some credits can be processed at management's discretion, in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 ("CPA"). This Returns Policy also applies to Lay-By items.
Should a customer not have the original till slip as proof of purchase, Spitz will exchange the merchandise at the currenty system price.
1. Non-Defective Merchandise
Non-Sale/Promotional Items (Merchandise NOT Purchased On Sale or Promotion)
1.1. Customers can returns merchandise for a refund or exchange within 30 (thirty) days of the date of purchase, provided that:
1.1.1. the merchandise is in its' original / same condition and packaging;
1.1.2. the merchandise has not been worn or used;
1.1.3. the price (swing) ticket and labels are attached;
1.1.4. the original till slip as proof of purchase is presented;
1.1.5. merchandise sold with promotional gifts to be returned together with the gift;
1.1.6. the merchandise is returned in the country of purchase.
Sale/Promotional Items (Merchandise Purchased On Sale Or On Promotion)
1.2. Customers can return merchandise purchased on a sale/promotion for a refund or exchange within 7 (seven) days of the date of purchase, provided that:
1.2.1. the merchandise is in its' original / same condition and packaging;
1.2.2. the merchandise has not been worn or used;
1.2.3. the price (swing) ticket and labels are attached;
1.2.4. the original till slip as proof of purchase is presented;
1.2.5. merchandise sold with promotional gifts to be returned together with the gift;
1.2.6. the merchandise is returned in the country of purchase.
2.1. Customers will be allowed at their election, a refund, repair or to exchange merchandise with material manufacturing faults ("Defective Merchandise") provided that:
2.1.1. such Defective Merchandise is returned within 6 (six) months of the date of purchase or date of delivery for Lay-By purchases;
2.1.2. the customer presents proof of purchase;
2.1.3. the merchandise has been used for its intended purpose;
2.1.4. the item must have been cared for according to the wash/care instruction label;
2.1.5. the Defective Merchandise is returned in the country of purchase.
2.2 This Returns Policy for Defective Merchandise applies to all items, including sale items or items bought on promotion.
2.3 Merchandise will not be regarded as defective and a customer will not be entitled to a refund, repair or an exchange in circumstances where the faults in the merchandise result from:
2.3.1 normal wear and tear;
2.3.2 negligence or damage arising from misuse and / or improper or inadequate care of the items; or
2.3.3 where the items have been dealt with or used contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2.4 It is accepted that some manufacturing faults only become evident after being worn on numerous occasions. The CPA provides that the merchandise must be usable and durable for a reasonable period of time. Therefore the customer has the opportunity to return items that have been worn, and over a period have not met their quality expectations. In terms of this Returns Policy, the customer has up to 6 (six) months to return the item and show that the degeneration of the item was not due to their neglect, but as a result of a manufacturing fault. Spitz will have the discretion to determine whether a manufacturing fault exists and whether it is in fact Defective Merchandise.
3.1 A customer may not under any circumstances return the following:
3.1.1 underwear (in terms of public regulations);
3.1.2 merchandise that a customer or any other person and / or party has altered, repaired, incorporated or added where such alteration, repair, incorporation or addition has not been authorized by Spitz; and
3.1.3 any soiled items.
4.1 Customers will be allowed a full refund in the original method of tender provided that all relevant criteria set out above have been met. In the event however, that it is not possible to refund the customer in the original method of tender, then Spitz will have a discretion to refund the customer as follows –
4.1.1 Cash purchases will be refunded in cash or if the customer agrees thereto, the refund may be as a Spitz Gift Card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the customer’s account;
4.1.2 Debit card and cash purchases will be refunded via cash or, if the customer agrees thereto, the refund may be as a Spitz Gift Card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the customer’s account;
4.1.3 Spitz Gift Card purchases will be refunded by cash or if the customer agrees thereto, the issue of another Spitz Gift Card to the value of the credit or by crediting the customer’s account;
4.1.4 Credit card purchases will be refunded to the applicable credit card or if the customer agrees thereto, the refund may be as a Spitz Gift Card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the customer’s account;
4.1.5 Purchases made using Gift Coupons (used for promotions) will be refunded by cash to the value of the purchase or if the customer agrees thereto, the refund may be as a Spitz Gift Card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the customer’s account.
5.1 Should a customer elect to have the Defective Merchandise repaired, there is a 3 (three) month warranty on the repairs and if there is still a fault, the customer can elect a refund or exchange.
Spitz Lay-By Policy
This Lay-By Policy of Spitz, a division of A&D Spitz (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of AVI Limited (“Spitz”) should be adhered to at all times and is in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
Lay-By Terms And Conditions
1. Identification Document must be verified on entering into a lay-by agreement (“Lay-By Agreement”).
2. The Lay-By Agreement must state the date when the Lay-By Agreement begins (“Start Date”).
3. A minimum deposit of 25 (twenty-five) % of the contract price is required.
4. A date of completion must be agreed upon and stipulated in the Lay-By Agreement (“Date of Completion”).
5. The customer must pay the contract price in full on or before the Date of Completion.
6. The item/s will remain with Spitz until the contract price is paid in full.
7. The Date of Completion can be for a maximum 4 (four) months from the Start Date.
8. The item/s will be kept for a maximum of 4 (four) months from the Start Date.
9. When item/s are collected, Identification Document must be provided.
10. On cancellation of the Lay-By Agreement before the Date of Completion, a 1% cancellation penalty on the contract price will be charged and the balance will be paid back to the customer in cash.
11. The 1 (one) % cancellation penalty may not be charged if the customer’s failure to complete payment was due to the death or hospitalisation of the customer.
12. Items purchased in terms of a Lay-By Agreement are subject to the Spitz Returns Policy.
Spitz Promotions And/Or Sales Terms And Conditions
1. Spitz promotions and/or sales (“the Promotion/s”) are conducted by Spitz, a division of A&D Spitz (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of AVI Limited (“Spitz”) and are subject to these terms and conditions (unless indicated otherwise by Spitz).
2. The Promotion is valid for the period indicated on the point of sale communication (“POS Communication”) and is limited to while stocks last.
3. The Promotion is available at participating Spitz stores in the Republic of South Africa during the period of the Promotion.
4. The Promotion only applies to the specially marked items unless indicated otherwise in store or in the POS Communication.
5. The specific terms of the Promotion are as per the POS Communication in the participating store.
6. The Promotion is applicable to the marked prices of the applicable items. The Promotion does not apply to merchandise that has already been discounted or are subject to another promotion. The Promotion is not applicable if in conjunction with any other special offer, promotion, discount, voucher or coupon.
7. The benefit of the Promotion cannot be exchanged for cash or for vouchers of any kind.
8. Spitz reserves the right to extend, reasonably shorten, suspend the time period of the Promotion or terminate the Promotion whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Promotion, and any rules, terms or conditions may be amended by Spitz, at any time during the Promotion, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Promotion, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Spitz whatsoever.
9. To the extent permitted by law, Spitz will not be liable for any defects/errors in the Promotion or any losses caused by such defects/errors or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants.
10. To the extent permitted by law, all Participants indemnify Spitz, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in the Promotion.
11. All Promotion/Sale items are subject to the Spitz Returns Policy.
12. South African law shall govern these terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
For queries on these terms and conditions, or for any other query, please contact Customer Care by calling 0860 109 321 or emailing email@example.com.