Spitz disclaims all liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused, arising from the use or reliance upon the information provided on this website, and does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of this information.
All prices are merely indicative and shall under no circumstances be deemed to constitute an offer to purchase. All prices are subject to change without notice. Whilst we make every effort to provide you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, occasionally, one or more items on our website may be different to the price of that specific product available in our stores. We reserve the right, at any time in our sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue any element of the website, including any service, price, content, feature or product offered through any of our website. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party should any of the aforementioned occur.
Whilst we make every effort to provide you with an offering that covers all our styles during a Sale or Promotional period, we cannot ensure all sizes and styles on offer will be available in all A&D Spitz stores at the time of purchase. We also cannot allow internal movements of stock from store to store during volume sale and discounted periods therefore only available whilst stock lasts.
Spitz is bound by the Consumer Goods and Services Industry Code and is a participant in the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud Scheme. An electronic copy of the Code is available at http://bit.ly/1H5GY30.
If you have a complaint about the goods or services provided by Spitz or require information regarding our internal complaints-handling process, please call our customer care team on 0860 109 321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of your complaint against Spitz not being resolved to your reasonable satisfaction within 15 business days of having notified us of it or such extended period as agreed between the Parties, you are entitled to approach the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud within a reasonal time:
Sharecall: 0860 000 272
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 086 206 1999
Consumer Goods & Services Ombud
Bond Street Business Park
374 Kent Avenue
P.O. Box 3815
This Returns Policy of Spitz, a division of A&D Spitz (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of AVI Limited ("Spitz") ("the Returns Policy") should be adhered to at all times, however some credits can be processed at management's discretion, in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 ("CPA"). This Returns Policy also applies to Lay-By items.
Should a customer not have the original till slip as proof of purchase, Spitz will exchange the merchandise at the currenty system price.
Non-Sale/Promotional Items (Merchandise NOT Purchased On Sale or Promotion)
1.1. Customers can returns merchandise for a refund or exchange within 30 (thirty) days of the date of purchase, provided that:
1.1.1. the merchandise is in its' original / same condition and packaging;
1.1.2. the merchandise has not been worn or used;
1.1.3. the price (swing) ticket and labels are attached;
1.1.4. the original till slip as proof of purchase is presented;
1.1.5. merchandise sold with promotional gifts to be returned together with the gift;
1.1.6. the merchandise is returned in the country of purchase.
Sale/Promotional Items (Merchandise Purchased On Sale Or On Promotion)
1.2. Customers can return merchandise purchased on a sale/promotion for a refund or exchange within 7 (seven) days of the date of purchase, provided that:
1.2.1. the merchandise is in its' original / same condition and packaging;
1.2.2. the merchandise has not been worn or used;
1.2.3. the price (swing) ticket and labels are attached;
1.2.4. the original till slip as proof of purchase is presented;
1.2.5. merchandise sold with promotional gifts to be returned together with the gift;
1.2.6. the merchandise is returned in the country of purchase.
2.1. Customers will be allowed at their election, a refund, repair or to exchange merchandise with material manufacturing faults ("Defective Merchandise") provided that:
2.1.1. such Defective Merchandise is returned within 6 (six) months of the date of purchase or date of delivery for Lay-By purchases;
2.1.2. the customer presents proof of purchase;
2.1.3. the merchandise has been used for its intended purpose;
2.1.4. the item must have been cared for according to the wash/care instruction label;
2.1.5. the Defective Merchandise is returned in the country of purchase.
2.2 This Returns Policy for Defective Merchandise applies to all items, including sale items or items bought on promotion.
2.3 Merchandise will not be regarded as defective and a customer will not be entitled to a refund, repair or an exchange in circumstances where the faults in the merchandise result from:
2.3.1 normal wear and tear;
2.3.2 negligence or damage arising from misuse and / or improper or inadequate care of the items; or
2.3.3 where the items have been dealt with or used contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2.4 It is accepted that some manufacturing faults only become evident after being worn on numerous occasions. The CPA provides that the merchandise must be usable and durable for a reasonable period of time. Therefore the customer has the opportunity to return items that have been worn, and over a period have not met their quality expectations. In terms of this Returns Policy, the customer has up to 6 (six) months to return the item and show that the degeneration of the item was not due to their neglect, but as a result of a manufacturing fault. Spitz will have the discretion to determine whether a manufacturing fault exists and whether it is in fact Defective Merchandise.
3.1 A customer may not under any circumstances return the following:
3.1.1 underwear (in terms of public regulations);
3.1.2 merchandise that a customer or any other person and / or party has altered, repaired, incorporated or added where such alteration, repair, incorporation or addition has not been authorized by Spitz; and
3.1.3 any soiled items.
4.1 Customers will be allowed a full refund in the original method of tender provided that all relevant criteria set out above have been met. In the event however, that it is not possible to refund the customer in the original method of tender, then Spitz will have a discretion to refund the customer as follows –
4.1.1 Cash purchases will be refunded in cash or if the customer agrees thereto, the refund may be as a Spitz Gift Card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the customer’s account;
4.1.2 Debit card and cash purchases will be refunded via cash or, if the customer agrees thereto, the refund may be as a Spitz Gift Card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the customer’s account;
4.1.3 Spitz Gift Card purchases will be refunded by cash or if the customer agrees thereto, the issue of another Spitz Gift Card to the value of the credit or by crediting the customer’s account;
4.1.4 Credit card purchases will be refunded to the applicable credit card or if the customer agrees thereto, the refund may be as a Spitz Gift Card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the customer’s account;
4.1.5 Purchases made using Gift Coupons (used for promotions) will be refunded by cash to the value of the purchase or if the customer agrees thereto, the refund may be as a Spitz Gift Card (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the customer’s account.
5.1 Should a customer elect to have the Defective Merchandise repaired, there is a 3 (three) month warranty on the repairs and if there is still a fault, the customer can elect a refund or exchange.
This Lay-By Policy of Spitz, a division of A&D Spitz (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of AVI Limited (“Spitz”) should be adhered to at all times and is in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
1. Identification Document must be verified on entering into a lay-by agreement (“Lay-By Agreement”).
2. The Lay-By Agreement must state the date when the Lay-By Agreement begins (“Start Date”).
3. A minimum deposit of 25 (twenty-five) % of the contract price is required.
4. A date of completion must be agreed upon and stipulated in the Lay-By Agreement (“Date of Completion”).
5. The customer must pay the contract price in full on or before the Date of Completion.
6. The item/s will remain with Spitz until the contract price is paid in full.
7. The Date of Completion can be for a maximum 4 (four) months from the Start Date.
8. The item/s will be kept for a maximum of 4 (four) months from the Start Date.
9. When item/s are collected, Identification Document must be provided.
10. On cancellation of the Lay-By Agreement before the Date of Completion, a 1% cancellation penalty on the contract price will be charged and the balance will be paid back to the customer in cash.
11. If the contract price is not paid in full 60 (sixty) business days after the Date of Completion, the Lay-By will expire, a 1 (one) % penalty will be charged on the contract price and the balance will be paid out in cash.
12. The 1 (one) % cancellation penalty may not be charged if the customer’s failure to complete payment was due to the death or hospitalisation of the customer.
13. Items purchased in terms of a Lay-By Agreement are subject to the Spitz Returns Policy.
1. Spitz promotions and/or sales (“the Promotion/s”) are conducted by Spitz, a division of A&D Spitz (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of AVI Limited (“Spitz”) and are subject to these terms and conditions (unless indicated otherwise by Spitz).
2. The Promotion is valid for the period indicated on the point of sale communication (“POS Communication”) and is limited to while stocks last.
3. The Promotion is available at participating Spitz stores in the Republic of South Africa during the period of the Promotion.
4. The Promotion only applies to the specially marked items unless indicated otherwise in store or in the POS Communication.
5. The specific terms of the Promotion are as per the POS Communication in the participating store.
6. The Promotion is applicable to the marked prices of the applicable items. The Promotion does not apply to merchandise that has already been discounted or are subject to another promotion. The Promotion is not applicable if in conjunction with any other special offer, promotion, discount, voucher or coupon.
7. The benefit of the Promotion cannot be exchanged for cash or for vouchers of any kind.
8. Spitz reserves the right to extend, reasonably shorten, suspend the time period of the Promotion or terminate the Promotion whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Promotion, and any rules, terms or conditions may be amended by Spitz, at any time during the Promotion, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Promotion, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Spitz whatsoever.
9. To the extent permitted by law, Spitz will not be liable for any defects/errors in the Promotion or any losses caused by such defects/errors or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants.
10. To the extent permitted by law, all Participants indemnify Spitz, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in the Promotion.
11. All Promotion/Sale items are subject to the Spitz Returns Policy.
12. South African law shall govern these terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
For queries on these terms and conditions, or for any other query, please contact Customer Care by calling 0860 109 321 or emailing email@example.com.